Mapei Silicone sealant MAPESIL AC Manhattan 110
Manhattan is light grey silicone. Ideal for bathrooms, kitchens, power showers, swimming pools and many other construction projects – mechanical engineering, ship-building, automobile manufacturing etc.
Goes with the matching mapei Manhattan grout.
MAPESIL AC, solvent-free, pure acetic silicone sealant. Ideal for internal and external use on ceramic in damp settings and swimming pools. For strong seals that maintain their look over time.
Pure, mould-resistant, acetic silicone sealant with BioBlock® technology for movements up to 25%.
- High elasticity
- Mould-resistant (BioBlock® technology)
- Strong and durable
- Maximum guarantee
- Perfect adhesion
- Smooth and elastic
- High thermal and chemical resistance
- Excellent durability
- Wide range of colours
Movement in service: 25%.
Modulus of elasticity at 100% elongation: 0.35 N/mm².
Shore A hardness: 20.
Workability time: 10 minutes.
Colours: 34 colours + transparent.
EMICODE: EC1 Plus - very low emission.
Application: extrusion gun.
Consumption: 3.1 linear metres per 310 ml cartridge (10x10 mm section).
Packaging: 310 ml cartridges.
WHERE TO USE
Mapesil AC is an acetic-crosslinking silicone sealant suitable for sealing glass, ceramic and anodised aluminium. After first having used a bonding enhancer, Primer FD can
also be used on concrete, wood, metal, painted surfaces, plastic and rubber.
Mapesil AC is used for:
• Sealing expansion joints of ± 25% expansion of the initial size.
• Forming a perfectly elastic gasket between different elements in building, mechanical engineering, shipbuilding, automobile, manufacturing, etc.
Some application examples
• Sealing joints in wall and floor coverings of ceramic and cement, provided they are not subject to heavy abrasion.
• Sealing joints between sinks or sanitary ware and ceramic tiles in kitchens, bathrooms and showers with colours coordinated with the grouts.
• Sealing expansion joints in swimming pools.
• Assembling compositions of glass tiles and artistic stained glass windows.
• Sealing glazing of door and window frames.
• Sealing air ducts, water pipes.
• Sealing portholes, windows, glazed frames.
• Sealing tanks, service pipes and boilers.
• Sealing materials of different thermal exposure coefficient.
• Adhesive and sealant for general use.