Mapei ULTRALITE D2 Ready mixed wall adhesive for showers
Novuna Finance available
Spread the cost with our buy now pay later finance or Interest free finance available online with Novuna.
Just add your tiles and tools to the shopping cart and, if your order qualifies, you will be able to use the Novuna Finance calculator to calculator the length and cost of the plan before applying.
For more information visit the Finance option page
Ready for use brilliant white lightweight water resistant adhesive with high yield for ceramic wall tiling in shower/wet areas.
Ultralite D2 is an adhesive with slip resistance (T), extended open time (E) of a class D2TE.
WHERE TO USE
- For installing porous bodied ceramic tiles and mosaics onto internal walls and highly deformable substrates.
- For use in both commercial and domestic shower/wet areas.
- For use with slightly larger format porous bodied ceramic tiles up to 350 mm x 350 mm or a variant of i.e 500 mm x 200 mm. Some application examples
- Fixing tiles to plasterboard, plaster walls, tile backer boards.
- Painted surfaces.
- Existing tile surfaces.
- Render walls.
For porcelain tiles or large format ceramic wall tiles use cement based flexible adhesive.
Ultralite D2 can cover up to 8-12 m² per unit. Coverage is dependent on size of tile installed and size of notch used on trowel.
Grouting and sealing
Tiles measuring up to 350 mm x 350 mm fixed with Ultralite D2 can be grouted after 12 hours. Drying times are dependent on humidity, temperature and porosity of materials. Expansion joints must be sealed with an appropriate MAPEI Sealant such as Mapesil AC.
Ultralite D2 is a light weight water dispersion adhesive based on acrylic resins and lightweight fillers and additives. Ultralite D2 is a ready to use paste and has excellent initial grab. The viscosity of the paste enables easy troweling on to vertical surfaces.
- Recommended for internal use on walls only.
- Not recommended for full submersion.
- Not for use with natural or agglomerated stone materials.
- Not for use on non absorbent surfaces with non absorbent tiles
Click the link to read the data sheet.