Mapei ECO PRIM GRIP PLUS 5kg
A ready mixed universal adhesion promoter for internal and external use. Use as a slurry bond when preparing to tile on to none porous areas such as ceramic tiles.
From Mapei laboratories, the multi-purpose universal primer with almost no odour, non-hazardous for installers and end users, non-flammable and very low VOC content. Suitable for internal and external applications on floors and walls to improve adhesion of skimming compound, cementitious adhesive and render on smooth substrates with low absorbency.
WHERE TO USE
Multi-purpose, ready-to-use primer for internal and external floors and walls.
Eco Prim Grip Plus may be used to improve the bond of cement and lime-based plasters on substrates made from concrete, brickwork, vibrocompressed concrete blocks.
Eco Prim Grip Plus is also suitable for improving the bond of adhesives for ceramics, smoothing and levelling compounds on non-absorbent surfaces, such as ceramic, terrazzo and natural stone floors.
Between 15-25m2 according to the absorption of the substrate.
Some application examples
- Application of render on concrete, brickwork, substrates, etc.
- Application of smoothing and levelling compounds on old ceramic, terrazzo and natural stone floors.
- Laying ceramic and natural stone floors directly on top of old ceramic floors.
Eco Prim Grip Plus is a low odour, solvent-free primer composed of synthetic resin in water dispersion and aggregates with excellent bond strength, resistance to water and ageing. It guarantees a rough keying surface ideal for render, smoothing and levelling compounds and cementitious adhesives, thus ensuring an excellent bond on smooth substrates and substrates with low absorbency. Once dry, it guarantees a tough bond of any render, smoothing and levelling compound and cementitious adhesive on various types of substrate: concrete, bricks, stone, plasterboard, wood, ceramic, metal, render, etc.
Eco Prim Grip Plus is a ready-to-use grey latex which is easy to apply using either a roller or a brush.
Eco Prim Grip Plus is non-flammable and has an extremely low emission level of volatile organic compounds (VOC). Therefore, the product is considered non-hazardous for those who use the product and final users of the environments where it is applied. It may also be stored without taking particular precautions.
- Apply at temperatures between +5°C and +35°C.
- Do not use Eco Prim Grip Plus in the presence of rising damp or rising humidity, and on continuously immersed surfaces.
- Eco Prim Grip Plus is ready-to-use, no dilution is required.
- Do not use as adhesion promoter for levelling compounds and cementitious adhesives on screeds and power-trowelled concrete. In such cases use Eco Prim T Plus.
Click the link to read the data sheet for more information.