Mapei Silicone sealant MAPESIL
Novuna Finance available
Spread the cost with our buy now pay later finance or Interest free finance available online with Novuna.
Just add your tiles and tools to the shopping cart and, if your order qualifies, you will be able to use the Novuna Finance calculator to calculator the length and cost of the plan before applying.
For more information visit the Finance option page
Ideal for bathrooms, kitchens, power showers, swimming pools and many other construction projects – mechanical engineering, ship-building, automobile manufacturing etc.
Colour match the mapei grout range.
MAPESIL AC, solvent-free, pure acetic silicone sealant. Ideal for internal and external use on ceramic in damp settings and swimming pools. For strong seals that maintain their look over time.
Pure, mould-resistant, acetic silicone sealant with BioBlock® technology for movements up to 25%.
- High elasticity
- Mould-resistant (BioBlock® technology)
- Strong and durable
- Maximum guarantee
- Perfect adhesion
- Smooth and elastic
- High thermal and chemical resistance
- Excellent durability
- Wide range of colours
Movement in service: 25%.
Modulus of elasticity at 100% elongation: 0.35 N/mm².
Shore A hardness: 20.
Workability time: 10 minutes.
Colours: 34 colours + transparent.
EMICODE: EC1 Plus - very low emission.
Application: extrusion gun.
Consumption: 3.1 linear metres per 310 ml cartridge (10x10 mm section).
Packaging: 310 ml cartridges.
WHERE TO USE
Mapesil AC is an acetic-crosslinking silicone sealant suitable for sealing glass, ceramic and anodised aluminium. After first having used a bonding enhancer, Primer FD can
also be used on concrete, wood, metal, painted surfaces, plastic and rubber.
Mapesil AC is used for:
• Sealing expansion joints of ± 25% expansion of the initial size.
• Forming a perfectly elastic gasket between different elements in building, mechanical engineering, shipbuilding, automobile, manufacturing, etc.
Some application examples
• Sealing joints in wall and floor coverings of ceramic and cement, provided they are not subject to heavy abrasion.
• Sealing joints between sinks or sanitary ware and ceramic tiles in kitchens, bathrooms and showers with colours coordinated with the grouts.
• Sealing expansion joints in swimming pools.
• Assembling compositions of glass tiles and artistic stained glass windows.
• Sealing glazing of door and window frames.
• Sealing air ducts, water pipes.
• Sealing portholes, windows, glazed frames.
• Sealing tanks, service pipes and boilers.
• Sealing materials of different thermal exposure coefficient.
• Adhesive and sealant for general use.