MAPELASTIC AQUADEFENSE TANKING KIT by Mapei
A ready to use kit for the rapid waterproofing of bathrooms, wet rooms and showers to receive tiles after 4 hours.
The tanking kit comprises of Mapelastic AquaDefense and Mapeband PE 120, which is used to form waterproofing layers before applying ceramic, stone and mosaic coatings to areas in contact with moisture and running water.
The Kit consists of:
1 x 7.5kg Aquadefense Bucket
1 x 10m Roll of Mapeband PE120
WHERE TO USE
To form waterproofing layers before applying ceramic, stone and mosaic coatings in:
- bathrooms and shower cubicles
- wet rooms
Mapelastic AquaDefense Tanking Kit may be applied to:
- cementitious screeds and screeds made using special binders (Topcem, Topcem Pronto, Mapecem or Mapecem Pronto)
- plasterboard (for internal applications only)
- existing coatings in ceramic, terrazzo and stone
- cementitious render.
- The components of Mapelastic AquaDefense Tanking Kit are supplied ready to use.
- Mapelastic AquaDefense is a rapid product: ––wait 1 hour after applying the first coat and 3 hours after applying the second coat before applying tiles; –– ceramic tiles may be bonded after 4 hours (at+23°C and 50% R.H. when applied on a dry screed with less than 3% residual moisture).
- Mapelastic AquaDefense is elastic: at +23°C it has 3.2 mm crack-bridging capacity without reinforcement.
- Mapeband PE 120 is made from polyester mesh and PVC fabric:
–– elastic and deformable;
–– impermeable to water and vapour;
–– pre-formed corners and gaskets are available separately.
Click the link to read the data sheet for more information.